Thursday 9 February 2012

Queen of the lip balms.

Check inside any woman's purse and what is the one thing you can almost bank on finding?

They come in tubes or pots, glossy or matte, tinted or sun protecting. They come in a multitude of flavours. I'm talking about lip balm.

Perhaps you're more of a lipstick or lip gloss girl? I still recommend you take note of today's post.

Now, I wouldn't say I have an "addictive personality" per se, but lip balm is the frenemy I can't seem to detach myself from. The issue was that the more I used the stuff, the more it dried out my lips' own moisture, so the more my lips craved it. It got really bad. It got to the point that I couldn't be anywhere without it. I once went to see a movie and forgot my lip balm at home. I had to resort to holding my drink up to my lips throughout the whole movie to ease the burn!

I had a problem. Something had to be done.

Thus began my quest for the perfect, sweet smelling lip balm, that wouldn't dry out my lips, and would last for a good long while.

I found it! You should too.


Smith's Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm and Moisturizer



From the Rosebud Perfume Co., based out of Maryland, this lip balm doubles as a salve for dry elbows and cuticles. The strawberry scent is divine, but not overpowering. The balm goes on slightly glossy, and although the glossiness goes away, the balm leaves my lips feeling soft for hours. The best part: when it is completely gone, I don't feel an urgent need to reapply!

Where do I get it? Sephora, Urban Outfitters, http://www.rosebudbeautiful.com/
How much? From $4.00 - $6.00 for a 0.80 oz tin.

This story's happy ending: I'm down to one lip balm application per day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment